Ricky Martin’s nephew withdraws accusations of harassment and sexual relationship against singer

During a virtual court hearing on Thursday, Ricky MartinThe nephew dropped the case in which he had previously accused the pop singer of stalking and harassing him.

Martin’s nephew applied for a temporary restraining order in Puerto Rico in June, claiming at the time that he “fears for his safety” after he and Martin, 50, allegedly had an incestuous sexual and romantic relationship that lasted seven months. .

Telemundo, an American Spanish-language television network owned by NBC, obtained the legal documents and originally reported the story.

Read more:

‘Love Is Blind’ Contestants Forced to Film Drunk, Denied Food and Water, Lawsuit Says

According to the protection order Filed by Martin’s nephew (and obtained by NBC), the accuser and his uncle “separated 2 months ago but defendant does not accept separation.”

Story continues below ad

He alleged that Martin “calls him frequently” and that he has been seen “loitering around his residence on at least 3 occasions.”

The nephew “voluntarily desisted” to move forward with the case on Thursday, telling the judge he no longer needed the restraining order. The temporary restraining order was scheduled to expire the same day.

Both Martín and his nephew attended the virtual hearing, although the judge did not allow access to the public or the press, citing Puerto Rico’s Law 54, which protects the identity of people who make accusations of domestic violence.

On Wednesday, a spokesperson for Martin told NBC that the pop star would address the Puerto Rican judge directly and deny all allegations brought by his nephew.

One of Martin’s attorneys, Marty Singer, provided a statement saying “the person who made this claim is struggling with profound mental health issues.”

Read more:

Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Secretly Marry at Las Vegas Drive-Thru Chapel

“Ricky Martin, of course, has never been, and never will be, involved in any type of sexual or romantic relationship with his nephew,” Singer told NBC.

In a Facebook Live broadcast from early July, Eric Martin, the singer’s half-brother, also claimed that the accuser suffered from “mental health issues.”

Story continues below ad

Puerto Rican police released a statement Wednesday afternoon claiming that a person, later revealed to be Martin’s nephew, filed a complaint alleging he received two “harassing phone calls” the night before.

The first call reportedly came from a number with a Canadian area code. The police statement said Martin’s nephew answered the call and spoke to a man who “was threatening him with death if he spoke at the hearing.”

Authorities also say Martin’s nephew received a second threatening call from a New York area code. The person he called knew the street where he lives, according to the police report.

NBC reported that both phone numbers had been disconnected Wednesday night. After Thursday’s hearing, Martin’s legal team released a statement.

Read more:

The 10 categories of the spectrum of music fans. Where do you fit in?

“As we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the Court,” the statement read. “The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed that he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter.”

“This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false accusations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them,” the attorneys added. “We are happy that our client saw that he got justice and now he can move on with his life and his career.”

Story continues below ad

© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.